Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012)Back to main TAUNOTES-L pageJoin or leave TAUNOTES-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 29 Apr 2012 21:10:32 +0300
Sender:       Tel Aviv University Notes <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Dayan Center <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      DIWANIYYA PODCAST: Jews in Arab Lands

[multipart/alternative]

Dear Friends, I am very pleased to present a new episode of Diwaniyya, the Moshe Dayan Center podcast: Jews in Arab Lands. In the third installment of Diwaniyya's Minorities in the Middle East Series, three Moshe Dayan Center researchers discuss their personal experiences of Jewish communities in the Arab world. Ofra Bengio tells us about her childhood in Syria, and the journey she made with her family to Israel in the early 1950s. Esther Webman talks about her memories of Jewish life in Cairo, and what it was like for her cosmopolitan father to move to not-so-cosmopolitan 1950s Haifa. Samir Ben-Layashi tells us about growing up in the Jewish quarter of Meknes, Morocco. Download and listen to "Jews in Arab Lands" here. You can listen to this and other episodes of Diwaniyya via the Dayan Center website, or the Diwaniyya blog. And now you can subscribe to Diwaniyya for free on iTunes. For regular updates on the Diwaniyya podcast and blog, "like" our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @[log in to unmask] You can post comments on our blog or email us at [log in to unmask] Subscribe by email to our blog for updates and for enlightening extras like photos, videos, and editorials related to each episode theme. Future episodes will be available on the Dayan Center website, the Diwaniyya blog, and through iTunes. We hope you enjoy the show! Prof. Uzi Rabi, Director Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies Tel Aviv University
[text/html]

diwaniyya-visitcard-2.jpg [image/jpeg]