Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:35:15 +0000
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: problems w/ ivritex on ubuntu

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 02:12:52PM -0400, Shaya Potter wrote: > I can't seem to get ivritex to work. > > at first I had problems even with the sample documents. When I enter > them exactly by hand (i.e. copy/paste from web page), I get an error > such as. > > Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:פ not set up for use with LaTeX > > However, when I download them, they work fine (but do not appear to be > in utf8 that at least emacs can decipher as I just get "random" > characters for the hebrew in emacs. > > work fine, meant that the document generated ok, but as I didn't have > culmus-latex installed, xpdf and acroread didn't display anything as the > font information was messed up. > > installing culmus-latex fixed that. > > So, now I can generate a premade hebrew document and view it correctly. > > But that leaves me back at my first problem, I'm confused on how to > actually enter hebrew text. > > what I have in my preamble is > > \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} Shouldn't this be 'utf8x' instead? > \usepackage[hebrew,english]{babel} > > what am I doing wrong to use utf8 characters? This is really just for > the dedication page of my dissertation. -- Tzafrir Cohen | [log in to unmask] | VIM is http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's [log in to unmask] | | best ICQ# 16849754 | | friend