Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:46:56 -0400
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Shaya Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: problems w/ ivritex on ubuntu

I didn't, but now I'm making progress. I can get the hebrew I want in the page, but it pushes it to the right margin, it's not inline where I want it. i.e. I want to do "Dedicated to English Name (Hebrew Name) and English Name (Hebrew Name)" so I do \inputencoding{cp1255} Dedicated to English Name (\sethebrew{}Hebrew Name in cp1255 encoding\unsethebrew{}) ..... \inputencoding{utf8} but the hebrew ends up not between the parens, but separate from the text. Guy Rutenberg wrote: > Hi Shaya, > > Do you have \usepackage{culmus} in your preamble? > > Regards, > > Guy > > On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Shaya Potter <[log in to unmask] > <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote: > > Guy Rutenberg wrote: > > Hi Shaya, > > > > On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Shaya Potter > <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> > > <mailto:[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>> > wrote: > > > > > > > > any ida how to have cp1255 text in Linux? or in windows? I > can type it > > in windows, and save it and copy/paste the generated text into > emacs. > > > > > > Any decent text-editor will suffice. Just look of the encoding setting > > in the editor. For example, in Kate it's under Tools->Encoding. > > ok, different error now then. > > trying to type "Aba" אבא > > \inputencoding{cp1255} > àáà > \inputencoding{utf8} > > > and it gives the error > > [4] (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/cp1255.def) > ! Undefined control sequence. > <argument> \hebhatafqamats > >