I'm glad to announce the release of culmus-latex 0.7 (revision 36). The new
release has many important features and fixes, and all exisiting users are
encourged to upgrade.
culmus-latex aims to provide high quality fonts, from the Culmus project,
for use in LaTeX.
- Default font size was adjusted (now bigger) so documents written in older
packages will look the same in culmus-latex. This action can be reveres by
paasing the "small-size" option to the package.
- Add package optio (use-david) that allows to select David as the default
- Makefile target to create tarballs that don't require the Culmus fonts or
fontutils in order to install.
- Made culmus-latex work correctly with the Latin Modern package.
- Disabled unnecessary creation of folders.
- Added new example.
The new font sizes don't apply to the fonts with nikud. I thought it's more
important to release this version and not to delay it further because of
this issue, as most users don't use nikud, and can benefit from the new
The new release can be downloaded from
The file culmus-latex-0.7.tar.gz is the new style package that doesn't
require fontutils and culmus. The culmus-latex-0.7_src.tar.gz is the old
style package that has the sources of the new style package.
As always I welcome all kinds of feeback (positive and negative). Your
feedback helps make culmus-latex better, so don't hesitate to contact me via
the list, or privately (http://www.guyrutenberg.com/contact-me).