Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:   Sat, 18 Oct 2008 20:36:27 +0200
Sender:   Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:   Guy Rutenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   Re: ANN: culmus-latex 0.7

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Yotam Medini יותם מדיני < [log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There are many cases in Hebrew where a single use of diacritic mark (nikud) > in a sentence resolves ambiguity. > -- yotam > > You are right, I admint I haven't thought about this use case. People who use the nikud fonts with the regular fonts should pass the "small-size" option to the culmus-latex package. This will make the package use the font size that appeared in older version of the package (which is the same for non-nikud and nikud).

I decided it's better to release the package this way, and not delay it any further because of nikud issues, as it was already delayed and the new package have many important changes (especialy in the installation process).

I'll make the nikud work as the regular fonts and the next version will surely have it. My current solution is to get the code from the *.fds files into the culmus.sty so it will be possible to do the same fix I've done to the regular fonts. As consquence the culmus.sty will have to be assembled when the package is built (I admit part to the delay in nikud issues are due to some problem I have with nikud documents not compiling correctly on my system, I'm probably doing something wrong).

Regards,

Guy

[text/html]