Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005)Back to main ILAN-FAIL pageJoin or leave ILAN-FAILReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:56:47 +0200
Sender:       ILAN System and Network Failure List
From:         Hank Nussbacher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Central router failure at Machba
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

At 2am today an unknown disturbance affected our central router which provides all international communications for Machba. This severely degraded performance and knocked some important services off the network entirely. At 10:30 this morning the router was restarted and then refused to come back up. A physical part was found to be faulty on the router and was removed and the router was restarted at noon today. This part is still removed and therefore a number of customers and services are still down, even though many other users now have connectivity. During the course of the day our vendor will attempt further repairs and you may experience occassional downtime. Sorry for the inconvience, Hank