Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:19:11 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Amir Seginer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Hebrew and fancyhdr.sty,
              and Hebrew and Wrapping text around figures (picins.sty)

Hello, I hope this is the correct place to ask such questions. If not, please point me to the right place. I'm having trouble with two packages, when writing in Hebrew: Package fancyhdr.sty -------------------- When using the fancyhdr.sty package, the right and left headers/footers some time change at some point/s in the document. I know that this depends on the specific content of the file (it is some times enough to erase one letter for this to occur), but I couldn't find what triggers this. Dekel Tzur once told me to choose the document language as Hebrew, but even that did not always solve the problem. Package pickins.sty: ---------------- I am trying to wrap Hebrew text around figures in exercises I give my students. I have tried several packages, but have found that most (floatflt and wrapfig) have problems with the enumerate environment. So I use the picins package. This works fine, except for the fact that it has problems with the direction of hebrew, i.e. I get a space (for the figure) on the right, but the figures appears on the left, over the text (or vice verse). I managed to solve this by putting the following in my preamble: \usepackage{picins} % "patch" for picins. If given after picinpar command, % returns par style to normal after picinpar parahraph \makeatletter \def\endofparpic{\let\par=\old@par} \makeatother \pichskip{1cm} \newcommand{\hebparpic}[1]{ \settowidth{\picwidth}{\mbox{#1}} \settoheight{\picheight}{\mbox{#1}} \parpic(-\picwidth,\picheight)(-2\picwidth,\picheight)[r]{ #1} \endofparpic } and then using \hebparpic instead of \parpic The problem is that the margins are all wrong. I have a feeling that the justfication is using English parameters instead of Hebrew ones. Any suggestions to solving these problems would be appreciated, Thanks, Amir. P.S. I use: Lyx 1.2.1 (or 1.3.2) ivritex-1.1.2 (from rpm) tetex-1.0.7 (from rpm)