Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:35:47 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: fonts etc

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:46:03PM +0200, Ron Artstein wrote: > On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Rama Porrat wrote: > > > hebrew.dvi says, on page 59,under "The font definition files > > (in HE8 encoding" It uses OmegaHebrew font for regular font, > > Old Jaffa font for italics shape and small-caps, Dead Sea font > > for Bold face, and Tel Aviv for Bold italics" > > This must be a mistake, a relic of old documentation that hasn't > been fixed. > > > How should the user use other font families (apart from david) > > from Culmus? You (Ron) have suggested > > \fontfamily{...}\selectfont Can you send me the exact syntax > > which shifts to other font families from Culmus? > > Rama, as I have written to you personally, the family-changing > interface is UNSTABLE. It has never been stable. In the past this > was not an issue, because there weren't that many Hebrew families > to choose from. Now we have the fonts, but it will take a while > until we get the font-changing interface to work conveniently. > For now I recommend that users either stick to the default, or > be prepared to deal with some low-level font hacking. BTW: I tried to preserve the old hebfonts font families commands by mapping them to Culmus fonts commands. I did not try hard to match the size, though. If anybody wants to improve thistake a look at hebrew.fdd (source) or hebfonts.sty (in the distribution) [snip] > > I would like to provide an interface where users could change the > font family in Hebrew without it interfering with the choice of > family in Latin typesetting. Basically I want to provide two sets > of defaults, and have LaTeX use one for Latin typesetting and one > for Hebrew. But I need time to implement this. Babel seems to run quite a few commands when the language changes. Some of them seem to be related to fonts. -- Tzafrir Cohen +---------------------------+ http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/ |vim is a mutt's best friend| mailto:[log in to unmask] +---------------------------+