Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:37:47 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Hebrew and fancyhdr.sty,
              and Hebrew and Wrapping text around figures (picins.sty)

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 12:19:11AM +0200, Amir Seginer wrote: > Hello, > > I hope this is the correct place to ask such questions. If not, please > point me to the right place. > > I'm having trouble with two packages, when writing in Hebrew: > > Package fancyhdr.sty > -------------------- > > When using the fancyhdr.sty package, the right and left headers/footers > some time change at some point/s in the document. I know that this depends > on the specific content of the file (it is some times enough to erase one > letter for this to occur), but I couldn't find what triggers this. > > Dekel Tzur once told me to choose the document language as Hebrew, but > even that did not always solve the problem. Can you post a minimal document that demonstrates this? > > > Package pickins.sty: > ---------------- > > I am trying to wrap Hebrew text around figures in exercises I give my > students. I have tried several packages, but have found that most > (floatflt and wrapfig) have problems with the enumerate environment. So I > use the picins package. This works fine, except for the fact that it has > problems with the direction of hebrew, i.e. I get a space (for the figure) > on the right, but the figures appears on the left, over the text (or vice > verse). The picture is actually inserted using postscript code. It seems that the direction is chaned in TeX properly, but the postscript iinstructions remain from left to right. Though from a briff reading of picins.sty I can only see \put > > I managed to solve this by putting the following in my preamble: > > \usepackage{picins} > > % "patch" for picins. If given after picinpar command, > % returns par style to normal after picinpar parahraph > \makeatletter > \def\endofparpic{\let\par=\old@par} > \makeatother > > \pichskip{1cm} > \newcommand{\hebparpic}[1]{ > \settowidth{\picwidth}{\mbox{#1}} > \settoheight{\picheight}{\mbox{#1}} > \parpic(-\picwidth,\picheight)(-2\picwidth,\picheight)[r]{ #1} > \endofparpic > } > > and then using \hebparpic instead of \parpic > > The problem is that the margins are all wrong. I have a feeling that the > justfication is using English parameters instead of Hebrew ones. > > Any suggestions to solving these problems would be appreciated, > > Thanks, > > Amir. > > P.S. > > I use: > > Lyx 1.2.1 (or 1.3.2) > ivritex-1.1.2 (from rpm) > tetex-1.0.7 (from rpm) -- Tzafrir Cohen +---------------------------+ http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/ |vim is a mutt's best friend| mailto:[log in to unmask] +---------------------------+