An upcoming version of ivritex -- The Hebrew LaTeX Support Package is
about to be released. As usual I'd like to give it some more minimal
testing before I post it as an official release on SourceForge.
This is yet another
* Added support for culmus fonts
* That support uses the encoding HE8 (basically CP1255) rather than the
* original hebfonts no longer distributed in the "binary" distribution
* Initial support for prosper was added to hebclass
* bug fixes
Packages are currently available at:
Extracted installation dirs (extract on $TEXMF)
(note the modified URL)
RPM packages of the distribution
* what will be the encoding
* xdvi doesn't work well (try example/tests/fonts.tex)
* How do I emulate bold-italic on david?
* should I emulate bold ("bolder") on fonts that only offer a bold typeface?
The rpm package is now considerbly larger as he culmus fonts are vopied,
rather than symlinked. This makes the rpm more "portable". If you
replackage it for a distro: make syre you symlink the fonts if size is a
concern. See the README for the technical details.
[quoting the previous message]
Regarding the prosper support: a prosper layout was added
(PPRheb-prosper.sty). Generally you should be able to use this style as
your prosper layout (add the option 'heb-prosper' to the class). Not well
In addition, an option 'prosper' was added to the class 'iitsmnr'. See the
sample iitsmnr.tex (This one was tested).
Generally prosper has quite a few postscript issues (postscript is
rendered after the bidi rendering of latex). And in addition hyperref is
just as aggresive as rlbabel in overriding macros. Often the same macros.
mailto:[log in to unmask]http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir