Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:53:03 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      ivritex 1.2 RC: take 2

Hi An upcoming version of ivritex -- The Hebrew LaTeX Support Package is about to be released. As usual I'd like to give it some more minimal testing before I post it as an official release on SourceForge. This is yet another Major changes: * Added support for culmus fonts * That support uses the encoding HE8 (basically CP1255) rather than the 7bit LHE * original hebfonts no longer distributed in the "binary" distribution * Initial support for prosper was added to hebclass * bug fixes Packages are currently available at: http://iglu.org.il/pub/Hebrew/HebLatex/ivritex-1.2.tar.gz Source tarball http://iglu.org.il/pub/Hebrew/HebLatex/ivritex-1.2-dist.tar.gz Extracted installation dirs (extract on $TEXMF) http://iglu.org.il/pub/Hebrew/HebLatex/ivritex-1.2-3.noarch.rpm http://iglu.org.il/pub/Hebrew/HebLatex/ivritex-doc-1.2-3.noarch.rpm (note the modified URL) RPM packages of the distribution Main issues: * what will be the encoding * xdvi doesn't work well (try example/tests/fonts.tex) * How do I emulate bold-italic on david? * should I emulate bold ("bolder") on fonts that only offer a bold typeface? The rpm package is now considerbly larger as he culmus fonts are vopied, rather than symlinked. This makes the rpm more "portable". If you replackage it for a distro: make syre you symlink the fonts if size is a concern. See the README for the technical details. [quoting the previous message] Regarding the prosper support: a prosper layout was added (PPRheb-prosper.sty). Generally you should be able to use this style as your prosper layout (add the option 'heb-prosper' to the class). Not well tested yet. In addition, an option 'prosper' was added to the class 'iitsmnr'. See the sample iitsmnr.tex (This one was tested). Generally prosper has quite a few postscript issues (postscript is rendered after the bidi rendering of latex). And in addition hyperref is just as aggresive as rlbabel in overriding macros. Often the same macros. [/quote] -- Tzafrir Cohen mailto:[log in to unmask] http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir