Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:14:49 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Dan Kenigsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: gv doesn't read page info generated by latest ivritex-1.2-3

With the help of an unnamed PostScript expert I found out that the output file of dvips includes the lines cleartomark {restore}if%%EndFont TeXDict begin 39158280 55380996 1000 600 600 (2page.dvi) When %%EndFont is moved to the begining of a line, the problem with gv is solved. The problem wouldn't have risen in the first place, if Culmus's pfa fonts had ended with a newline. I guess this is not the Right Way, since all the pfa's I saw did not end with newline. I wonder what else (in latex? dvips?) can be done to add newline. Any ideas? Any idea why it works fine on other installations? On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:12:07AM +0200, Ron Artstein wrote: > On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:06:50PM +0200, Dan Kenigsberg wrote: > > > I don't know if this is new, but the generated PostScript of > > > > \documentclass{article} > > \usepackage[english,hebrew]{babel} > > %\usepackage[english]{babel} > > \begin{document} > > page 1 > > \clearpage > > page 2 > > \end{document} > > > > is not understood well by gv - it doesn't show the document's > > pages and doesn't allow jumping back and forth among them. > -- Dan Kenigsberg http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken ICQ 162180901