Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:05:25 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Jerusalem, TelAviv etc - and Culmus

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 12:08:25PM +0200, Rama Porrat wrote: > Nadav, hello, > > Does anybody have any evidence, README files, or whatever, that attempt to > > explain the origin of these old metafont fonts? > These fonts have previously been ps font. The ps (*.pfb) can be seen in > ftp.cc.huji.ac.il/additional_stuff/fonts/ps > For about 20 years I have kept an article written by someone who made a > small research re their source - and I am sorry I can't find it at the > moment. I remember that years ago it has been decided in the Hebrew > Universsity that these fonts can safely be considered free for everyone. Commercial redistribution? Modification? > > Tzafrir, hello, > > What exactly is the problem? > I have taken the Culmus fonts' sources and did the required steps in order > to create files which are needed by Windows (*.afm *tfm *.vf *.pfa). All > seemed ok, but once I tried to use the fonts within a latex document, no > letter appeared on the output. > I have erased all this work before I realized that a new heblatex would > entail the necessity to use these Culmus fonts. I will do it again now - > who knows, maybe this time the outcome will be ok - or someone can help me > find how to correct the situation. As a reference, if you have cygwin installed (spcifically: perl, tetex, make, bash, sed, ghostscript should probably be enough): install the package's source distribution and run there 'make'. You'll also need culmus available. It should work, though in tetex 1.0 one file probably needs editing (updmap). Since most of the programs are basically the same, if it works in tetex/cygwin you should probably be able to replicate it in miktex. -- Tzafrir Cohen +---------------------------+ http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/ |vim is a mutt's best friend| mailto:[log in to unmask] +---------------------------+