Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:13:36 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Rama Porrat <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Various fonts

Ron, thanks for writing. > It should be possible to have one package for Hebrew, > which can work with different fonts depending on what's available > to the user. This is reasonable and I fully agree. However, the situation now is such that the Culmus fonts do not work on Windows, so with a new Heblatex using the Culmus fonts as default, there is not going to be a uniformity. > I think it would be good if we could converge on a single 8-bit > font encoding, as this would make maintenance of the main babel > package simpler etc > I append my most recent proposal for the Hebrew 8-bit encoding etc Your proposal looks very good, but I cannot really comment because I lack the knowledge needed for creating a font system. I count on you as well as on Maxim, Tzafrir and every other person who is willing to invest time in this font project. I see my job as arranging the agreed-upon Heblatex system in such a way that users can make the most of it without having to deal with a lot of technicalities.