Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:08:25 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Rama Porrat <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Jerusalem, TelAviv etc - and Culmus

Nadav, hello, > Does anybody have any evidence, README files, or whatever, that attempt to > explain the origin of these old metafont fonts? These fonts have previously been ps font. The ps (*.pfb) can be seen in ftp.cc.huji.ac.il/additional_stuff/fonts/ps For about 20 years I have kept an article written by someone who made a small research re their source - and I am sorry I can't find it at the moment. I remember that years ago it has been decided in the Hebrew Universsity that these fonts can safely be considered free for everyone. Tzafrir, hello, > What exactly is the problem? I have taken the Culmus fonts' sources and did the required steps in order to create files which are needed by Windows (*.afm *tfm *.vf *.pfa). All seemed ok, but once I tried to use the fonts within a latex document, no letter appeared on the output. I have erased all this work before I realized that a new heblatex would entail the necessity to use these Culmus fonts. I will do it again now - who knows, maybe this time the outcome will be ok - or someone can help me find how to correct the situation. Does this sound logical to you?