Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:   Fri, 9 Aug 2002 05:22:25 +0300
Sender:   Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:   Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   Re: updates to Hebrew latex

[message is also sent to hebrew latex mailing list]

[I want to update the version of heblatex in babel]

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Johannes L. Braams wrote:

> Ok. > Since you didn't specify which files you'll need, I packed all six > in hebrew.zip...

I have placed my modified version in:

http://www.iglu.org.il/pub/Hebrew/HebLatex/heblatex-2.3e.tar.gz

Unlike the previous versions there, it does not include the READMEs, and thus it is smaller.

I have also removed hebtech (hebtech.dtx in the source, hebtech.cls which is created). It does not belong in babel. I moved it to a separate package I want to start (hebclass , in the ivritex CVS).

I also made a recent change to make it easier to use the encoding HE8.

I added two macros:

\HeblatexEncodingHE8 \HeblatexEncodingLHE

Each of those simply sets \hebrewencoding and \input-s {lhe|he8}enc.def.

That force the Hebrew encoding to be HE8 or LHE (respectively). The default remains LHE.

It would have been ideal to pass this as some parameter to rlbabel. But I can't figure out a simple way to do that: I can't simply pass an extra parameter to babel. I can create an extra package, but then the user will have to load it *before* babel, and I hate creating such dependencies.

I would like know if there is better way than what I currently do.

-- Tzafrir Cohen mailto:[log in to unmask] http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir