Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 30 May 2002 20:43:27 +0300
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: pdf2???

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Victoria Landsman wrote: > Dear All, > I am looking for a convenient way to convert the ps or pdf file into > html/doc/to make it possible for editing in Word-2000. Is it possible in > principle? It is sometimes possible to recover the text. Note that in case of Hebrew, I guess that the text will be in visual Hebrew, so you'll probably need to apply visual->logical conversion. In some cases the postscript->PDF conversion (mainly if you use older versions of ghostscript) may have converted the text to graphics, and thus made it unrecoverable. Also note that if the postscript originated from hebrew latex with the original LHE encoding, you'll get the hebrew there encoded as "7bit" Hebrew (Hebrew in place of small-caps English letters) I think that both acrobat reader and ghostview allow you to extract the text. I don't remember exactly how. -- Tzafrir Cohen mailto:[log in to unmask] http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir