Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 12 May 2002 18:47:21 +0300
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: negative logic of scalebox

On Sun, 12 May 2002, Dan Kenigsberg wrote: > I have Sivan Toledo's package for hebrew support, and I am using the IBM font. > I am experiencing a funny behaviour: the logic of \scalebox is opposite of the > usual, a 2 as a parameters creates a smaller text, and 0.5 creates a larger one. > I wonder if someone can elaborate whose fault is it. I can speculate on a reason: recall that scalebox eventually uses some postscript code to do the resizing. Maybe the directives it adds are: [magnification_scale*=2]the content of the box[magnification_scale*=0.5] the directives in square brackets are in postscript, and therefore are applied only after the TeX system, and therefore are anaware of bidi. I figure that the bidi support somehow "reverses" some of the text, and the result is that the two magnification directives are applied in the reverse order. Anybody with some knowledge of postscript? > > Thanks, > Dan. > > \documentclass{letter} > \usepackage[english,hebrew]{babel} > \usepackage{pstricks} > \begin{document} > > \Large זה גדול \\ > \LARGE זה גדול מאוד \\ > \Huge וזה אמור להיות \scalebox{2}{ענק}. ממש. > > \begin{otherlanguage}{english} > In English this \scalebox{2}{works}. > \end{otherlanguage} > > \end{document} > -- Tzafrir Cohen mailto:[log in to unmask] http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir