Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:24:54 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      new tetex-latex-heb RPMs

Hi I have updated my tetex-latex-heb rpm. Changes: * changed heblatex directory in texmf tree * fonts (including lhe*.fd and hebfonts.sty) in a seperate package * rearanged the source package (all external components are in seperate tarballs) You can get it (currently) from: http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/Packages/tetex-latex-heb-1.1.0-1haifux.noarch.rpm http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/Packages/tetex-latex-heb-fonts-1.1.0-1haifux.noarch.rpm Those two are needed to typeset hebrew documents http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/Packages/tetex-latex-heb-doc-1.1.0-1haifux.noarch.rpm Documentation http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/Packages/tetex-latex-heb-1.1.0-1haifux.noarch.rpm The source package They all have a "haifux" release number, as I intend to use them in the upcoming instaparty. The Change In The Path: """""""""""""""""""""" Babel 3.7 includes heblatex 2.0c (without the fonts package) in texmf/generic/babel/ After getting some positive feedback and no negative feedback, I decided to override that. However for technical reasons I did not want to remove the existing files (this means that I have to modify the existing tetex package). My original package placed heblatex in texmf/generic/babel/hebrew . This means that the files from babel override my files (at least in tetex). My temporary workaround is to place my heblatex files in texmf/generic/0babel_hebrew . In the long run, I'll have to have them replace the current files in babel. A Seperate Fonts Package: """""""""""""""""""""""" I seperated the fonts package for two reasons: - A minor reason is that this is enough to allow the use of existing rlbabel in current babel, and thus prevents almost all the unnecessary duplication (I believe that all of those haven't changed) - I want to allow replacement of just this component, e.g.: with MS TTFs. -- Tzafrir Cohen /"\ mailto:[log in to unmask] \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign Taub 229, 04-829-3942 X Against HTML Mail http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir / \