Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:41:46 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Tzafrir Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: new tetex-latex-heb RPMs

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Dan Kenigsberg wrote: > Hi Tzafrir, > > > > > My temporary workaround is to place my heblatex files in > > texmf/generic/0babel_hebrew . In the long run, I'll have to have them > > replace the current files in babel. > > > > I know it's a bit off topic, but kpathsea.info says that > > Two or more consecutive slashes in a path element following a > directory D is replaced by all subdirectories of D: first those > subdirectories directly under D, then the subsubdirectories under > those, and so on. At each level, the order in which the directories are > searched is unspecified. (It's "directory order", and definitely not > alphabetical.) > > So beware - it is no promissed that 0babel is found first. The standard does not guarantee this, however it seems that the implementation does: mktexlsr in tetex is a shell script and it seems to use shell globing. I don't intend for this to be a permament solution. > > I tried to tackle this problem by installing into /usr/local/share/texmf > and then add this dir to my /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf configuration file. > For some reason this did not work, as a previous mail from me to this list > shows. I don't want to change any existing config file from the tetex package. If I decide to change the tetex package, I would simply remove the heblatex files from texmf/tex/generic/babel . > > My question still stands: why even when /usr/local/share/texmf appears before > the main path in this file's > TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN} > `local' files do not override `main' files? Can you give a concrete example? What about the values of the environment vars TEXMF and SYSTEXMF ? -- Tzafrir Cohen mailto:[log in to unmask] http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir