Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:   Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:24:37 +0200
Sender:   Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:   Dan Kenigsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   Re: new tetex-latex-heb RPMs

Hi Tzafrir,

> > My temporary workaround is to place my heblatex files in > texmf/generic/0babel_hebrew . In the long run, I'll have to have them > replace the current files in babel. >

I know it's a bit off topic, but kpathsea.info says that

Two or more consecutive slashes in a path element following a directory D is replaced by all subdirectories of D: first those subdirectories directly under D, then the subsubdirectories under those, and so on. At each level, the order in which the directories are searched is unspecified. (It's "directory order", and definitely not alphabetical.)

So beware - it is no promissed that 0babel is found first.

I tried to tackle this problem by installing into /usr/local/share/texmf and then add this dir to my /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf configuration file. For some reason this did not work, as a previous mail from me to this list shows.

My question still stands: why even when /usr/local/share/texmf appears before the main path in this file's TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN} `local' files do not override `main' files?