Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (October 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:36:36 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Nadav Har'El <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: bug in heblatex's gim numbering

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001, Dan Kenigsberg wrote about "Re: bug in heblatex's gim numbering": > > Another thing that I'm curious about: why do you *really* need gimatria > > for those huge numbers? I don't suppose you have thosands of appendices, > > or that you number your 1,000 page work using gimatria... >.. > However, I would like to cite *YOUR* TODO line (from hebrew-general.sty): >.. > % TODO: make them work for any number, not using a case > > ;-/) ... Yeah, I guess we're both perfectionists ;) But on some things (such as this) I decided to leave perfectionism aside and make it work for the sane case (which is, as Tzafrir said, as an \alph replacement - does \alph work for numbers in the thousands?). This macro was meant to be used for short lists and appendix numbers: not for generating Hebrew calendars and such. At least the TODO proves I was aware of the problem :) In any case, if you wrote a "perfect" macro for any number, it's obviously better, and should probably be used in the "official" version (who's responsible for it?) unless it's extrememly slow or something. -- Nadav Har'El | Thursday, Oct 4 2001, 17 Tishri 5762 [log in to unmask] |----------------------------------------- Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |From the Linux getopt(3) manpage: "BUGS: http://nadav.harel.org.il |This manpage is confusing."