Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:42:01 +0200
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Yaakov Oshman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: this is more of a TeX question than an IvriTeX question

Dear List, PLEASE, stop this clutter. Whoever wants to help Jay (who also calls himself Yaakov for some reason) - email him directly. Yaakov. At 08:18 10/09/01 +0000, you wrote: >I think the marvosym font has these. You can download the font for free from >www.yandy.com (click on downloads). Sivan > > >On Monday 10 September 2001 02:09, [log in to unmask] wrote: > > This is admittedly more of a TeX question than an IvriTeX question, > > but I hope you will forgive its intrusion here; I am a member of the > > IvriTeX mailing list, and am not a member of any general-purpose TeX > > mailing list (nor do I know if any such mailing list exists). So I > > don't know where else to ask. > > > > The question is a pretty simple one: Where can I find male and female > > symbols among the fonts in the standard TeX distribution? If I am not > > mistaken, I have all of the standard TeX fonts. I certainly see many > > many symbols on some of these fonts. For example, I see musical > > symbols: flat, sharp, natural. I have the entire Zapf Dingbats font, > > with many many weird and strange symbols. I think that ordinary male > > and female symbols would be needed in a lot more fields (i.e., > > genetics, epidemiology) than some of those weird Zapf Dingbat symbols > > (in fact, male and female symbols would be needed in astronomy too, > > because they are identical to the astronomical symbols for the fourth > > and second planets). It stands to reason that they must be somewhere, > > I just can't find them. Will someone please tell me where they are? > > I thank you in advance for your reply. > > > > Jay F. ("Yaakov") Shachter > > 6424 N Whipple St > > Chicago IL 60645-4111 > > (1-773)7613784 > > [log in to unmask]