Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 23 Sep 2001 18:51:03 +0300
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Dan Kenigsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Toledo's \bcaption

Sivan, Thanks for the quick bug (or behavior) fix. However, the example I gave was simplistic. What I really want is that the following document would show well: \documentclass{report} \usepackage[hebrew, english]{babel} \begin{document} \begin{figure} Hello! \bcaption{זוהי המילה \L{''}הלו\L{``}{this is the word ``Hello''} \end{figure} \end{document} with your new patch the hebrew caption appears on the same row of the english one, and if there is not enough space it is thrown to the left side of the next line. I think it should always appear in the center of a new line. I wish I knew how to correct this problems by myself, but until then I'm nagging to the list... Thanks again, Dan. > file after rlbabel.def is loaded. Try the following definition (I wrote it now and it seems to work for me): > > \long\def\@makecaption#1#2{% > \vskip\abovecaptionskip > \sbox\@tempboxa{ > \if@rl\R{#1: #2}\else#1: #2\fi}% > \ifdim \wd\@tempboxa >\hsize > \if@rl\R{#1: #2\par}% > \else #1: #2\par% > \fi > \else > \global \@minipagefalse > \hb@xt@\hsize{\hfil\box\@tempboxa\hfil}% > \fi > \vskip\belowcaptionskip} >