Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:48:21 +0000
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Sivan Toledo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Toledo's \bcaption

Dan, I think that I introduced this behavior (or bug). I can't remember what it was supposed to fix. I think that you can change the behavior by redefining \@makecaption in your file after rlbabel.def is loaded. Try the following definition (I wrote it now and it seems to work for me): \long\def\@makecaption#1#2{% \vskip\abovecaptionskip \sbox\@tempboxa{ \if@rl\R{#1: #2}\else#1: #2\fi}% \ifdim \wd\@tempboxa >\hsize \if@rl\R{#1: #2\par}% \else #1: #2\par% \fi \else \global \@minipagefalse \hb@xt@\hsize{\hfil\box\@tempboxa\hfil}% \fi \vskip\belowcaptionskip} (You can put this at the end of rlbabel.def, or in a sty file that you load, or in your .tex file. In the last case, you need to use \makeatletter before this definition and \makeatother after it, to permit using @ in macro names). Sivan On Saturday 22 September 2001 15:12, Dan Kenigsberg wrote: > > On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Dan Kenigsberg wrote: > > > Hi. > > > > > > I am using Sivan Toledo's repackaged hebrew support to write my thesis. > > > > > > For each figure I define hebrew and english captions using \bcaption. > > > Sadly, both appear justified to the left under the figure. > > > > > > How can I place them in the center of their lines? Or justify the > > > hebrew caption to the right? Or remove the hebrew caption altogether > > > (yet keep it in the hebrew list of figures?) > > > > Maybe try taking the macro from hebtech.cls and trim it (remove the > > second line of text). > > I am using simple report, rather than hebtech. > And anyways - I am not in the position to hack tex styles, if that is what > you ment. > > > Shouldn't a figure caption be centered by default? > > I thought so too, but if you uncomment the `hebrew', the caption is flushed > to the left. > > \documentclass{report} > \usepackage[%hebrew, > english]{babel} > > \begin{document} > \begin{figure} > Hello! > \caption{this is the word ``Hello''} > \end{figure} > \end{document} > > Any ideas why this happens?