Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001)Back to main IVRITEX pageJoin or leave IVRITEXReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:42:50 -0400
Sender:       Hebrew TeX list <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Baruch Even <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: http://he2.sf.net => http://he2.sourceforge.net

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Shaul Karl wrote: > The URL mentioned at the bottom of this message does not exist. > Like the subject says: http://he2.sf.net => http://he2.sourceforge.net > > Actually, is sf an accepted short writing for sourceforge? Yes, sf.net is supposed to redirect to sourceforge.net and any xxx.sf.net is supposed to redirect to xxx.sourceforge.net > > > > Hi > > > > On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Shaul Karl wrote: > > > > > ------- Forwarded Message > > > > > > From: "Deborah Leddon " <[log in to unmask]> > > > Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:49:44 -0500 > > > > > My name is Debbie Leddon and I am a physics grad student who > > > is using Latex2e on a pc windows 2000 platform. > > > > > > My question is ; I would like to include a couple of lines from the > > > Bible, Daniel; in Hebrew, which I know, in the > > > thanks/acknowledgements section of my dissertation. I know there > > > is an editor which wiil permit typing of Hebrew in the normal right to > > > left mode, however, is there another macro/file I can put in my > > > working directory which will allow me to type hebrew in latex2e > > > backwards? It is only a couple of lines and it looks like from all I > > > seen on the web that it is much too difficult (all instructions I've > > > seen involve Unix platforms) to load the right to left editor. > > > > I believe that windows 2000's standard text editor (notepad) has support > > for bidirectional languages. > > > > However, latex's bidirectional support differs from the one used by > > windows 2000 (which generally implements the unicode bidi algorithm), and > > therefore using it may not be thatsmooth. > > > > It should probably be possible to build he2 (http://he2.sf.net) under the > > cygwin environment (http://www.cygwin.com) and run it in a "console" > > window. However, some method should be used to disable the built-in bidi > > support (perhaps by using a "web font"). I'm not sure that this is a > > useful direction, though. > > > > -- > > Tzafrir Cohen > > mailto:[log in to unmask] > > http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir > > -- > > Shaul Karl <[log in to unmask]> >