Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2001)Back to main TAU-SCILIB pageJoin or leave TAU-SCILIBReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:27:05 +0200
Sender:       TAU Science and Engineering Library List
From:         Carmit Mishan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      IEEE E-journals access has been SUSPENDED
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

Shalom, Due the abuse by Tel-Aviv University user/s IEEE has suspended the access to IEEE E-journals. We will identify the abuser and take action against him/her. Below you will find IEEE letter: Dear Customer: We have recently become aware through our host server, that 178 concurrent sessions have been opened simultaneously and attempted to access IEEE Xplore. This type of activity indicates a robot or intelligent agent is being used to systematically search and download the contents of the IEL database. Downloading the database or any portion of a publication's issue or volume in a systematic fashion is strictly prohibited. The use of robots or intelligent agents on site is a violation of your subscription license agreement. Therefore, we have suspended access to your institution until we can resolve this matter. We ask that you do the following: Work with us to identify the abuser(s). Locate and remove all downloaded data from all storage devices and provide us with a letter stating you have done so. Inform all potential users of the use restrictions in Section 4 of your license agreement.