Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000)Back to main ILAN-FAIL pageJoin or leave ILAN-FAILReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:49:21 +0200
Sender:       ILAN System and Network Failure List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Hank Nussbacher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Changes in the T3 line to USA
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

IUCC (Machba) is in the process of changing its T3 (45Mb/sec) link to the USA (Chicago) from being satellite based to being fiber based. This will reduce the latency of the link from the existing 600ms to around 180ms. The bad news is that from September 1 till the new link becomes operational on or around October 1, we will be without our satellite T3 link, due to a dispute with our existing carrier. Our international bandwidth will therefore be reduced from 73Mb/sec to 28Mb/sec for the month of September. We therefore ask all users to please excuse this inconvenience and to minimize their large data transfers during September until such time where our new T3 link is operational. IUCC is actively looking for alternative bandwidth solutions during the interim period. IUCC Operations